Are you a morning person or do you like to hit the snooze button? Do you like to get your workout completed in the morning to start your day off right? Read Jamie’s top 5 tips about how to make your morning workouts amazing.
Hello, loves! My name is Jamie and blog over at The News From LaFuze. I’m a devoted wife, full-time second grade teacher, and recently delivered my first baby.
Staying fit and active was a priority to me before getting pregnant. It keeps me feeling great while combatting the stress of everyday life. I knew that when I did get pregnant, I wanted to keep up with my healthy life style. Staying active and eating healthy has helped me to have a happy mind, body, and soul. My pregnancy was perfect! I felt great and didn’t have any problems, and truly believe it’s because of my continuation of a healthy lifestyle.
Being a morning person, I naturally love working out right after I wake up. As a full-time teacher, this means setting my alarm to 4:40am in order to get a good sweat on before getting ready for work. Initially this school year I didn’t want to sacrifice that sleep, but I noticed that the afternoons were a struggle for me. Right at 4:30 each day, the wave of exhaustion would hit and any will power I had to make it to the gym or go for a run vanished.
Staying balanced is key during pregnancy. I didn’t want to injure myself by forcing through a workout if I was too tired, so I decided to go to bed a bit earlier and embrace the morning workouts once again. Let me just say that I love working out in the mornings! The gym is never crowded, my energy level is high throughout the entire day, and I walk around proud of the fact that I took care of my body!
Not everyone is a morning person, and I will testify that I don’t wake up and workout every morning. There’s days when I know my body need the sleep. But in case you’re looking for a way to fit in the workouts before you are exhausted during your pregnancy, I compiled my 5 tips to make morning workouts amazing!
1. Set out everything you will need the night before. This includes your clothes, shoes, socks, and any headphones and water. Doing this also sets my mind in focus for tomorrow. I can visualize myself working out in the morning instead of getting a little bit more sleep. Plus, my husband is happy that I’m not waking him up searching for a matching pair of socks.
2. Set your alarm clock with a note of encouragement. I love my iPhone because I can write a motivational note to myself. It’s the first thing I see in the morning and provides me with just a little bit more motivation so I don’t roll over and hit the snooze button. There’s nothing better than loving on yourself first thing in the morning in order to make great choices!
3. Have your workout planned out! When I get to the gym, I need to have a plan of action already brewing in my head that I’m excited about. If not, then my workouts are not as intense as I’d like them to be and I spend more time thinking about what to do next. My go-to places for workouts are GPP Fitness and Fit To Be Pregnant. I’ll either take a screen shot of the workout on my phone or write it down as a note so that it is right at my fingertips. Planning out my workout the night before also provides me with extra motivation!
4. Have a buddy! Your buddy can either be at the gym with you, or you can text them. One of my great friends is a morning workout person like me, so to keep each other accountable we will text a picture of ourselves at the gym in the morning when we get there. This helps me to stay accountable with going to the gym in the morning!
5. Give yourself grace. Not everyday is going to be a win. There are mornings when my body lets me know that what I really need is sleep. Having a healthy lifestyle means a balanced lifestyle. And the first priority is my baby. This means that I have to stay in tune with my body and what it might be trying to tell me. If I’m too tired to make it to the gym in the mornings, I can’t spend the rest of the day beating myself up. Each day is a victory!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Maternity yoga, or yoga done during the course of your pregnancy, is a safe way to exercise and can actually help prepare the body for childbirth. If you’re looking for a way to stay fit or to increase your fitness level safely during pregnancy, read on for some great reasons to give maternity yoga a try...
Wondering what to eat when pregnant? Many expecting moms are concerned about nutrition for themselves and their babies, and wonder about what is safe, what is best, and what is simply unfounded advice. There are many recommendations about what to eat during pregnancy, and it can be hard to tell whether there are good reasons for avoiding or eating certain foods during pregnancy...
What’s so special about performance fabrics? Investing in top quality fabrics makes all the difference for fit, comfort, and performance. We know the For Two Fitness mom is a discerning consumer and only wants the best for herself and her baby. Read on to find out more about the technical features of our fabrics and our commitment to free you from oversized cotton tees and give you your cute gym style back!..